MLevel is excited to announce the release of a new notification feature that will allow administrators to build engagement and stay in touch with their audience without leaving MLevel Studio.
Purpose of the Tool
Notifications in MLevel allows administrators to send a brief email to learners that is branded automatically using the tenant branding. Administrators can also choose to include a clickable link for learners to navigate directly to a mission.
Using one or more of the following Conditions, these notifications can be sent:
- On a specific date
- A defined number of days before the mission expires to learners who have not completed the mission
- As soon as a learner completes a prerequisite mission
Creating Your Notification
To access the Notification Editor, select Advanced Configurations in the Mission Details tab of your mission. After accessing Advanced Configurations, select the tab labeled Notifications.
Once on the Notifications tab, you must configure 5 fields in order to properly send your email notification:
Send from Email Address. You must enter an email address with a standard email@example.com format. This is who learners will see as the sender when they receive the notification. If a learner responds to the email, it will be sent to the email address placed in the “Send From” section.
Subject Line. This will be the subject line of the email you are sending. We recommend that you keep this to one sentence to ensure it is displayed across mobile and desktop email clients. It is also recommended that the subject line contains information your learners will recognize, such as the name of the program they are participating in or what information the MLevel mission will cover.
Conditions. This is where you will define the trigger(s) for how your notifications will be sent. As an administrator, you may use one trigger or a combination of all three but remember that the content of the notification will be the same regardless of which email is sent.
The three available conditions.
- On a Date: If selected, the notification will be sent at 2pm ET on whichever date you select.
- Days Before Mission Expiration: If taking advantage of MLevel’s Mission Expiration feature, you can set a trigger to notify learners that they need to finish their mission if they haven’t done so yet. If this option is selected, type the number of days before expiration you want the notification sent. Any learner who hasn’t completed the assigned mission will be sent a notification that day at 2pm ET.
- On Completion of Mission: If you have multiple related missions, you can encourage a learner to continue with their program by sending them a notification. If using this trigger, select the mission that needs to be completed in order for the notification to be sent.
Email Body. Enter the text for your email body in this space. We recommend you keep this brief, and don’t forget to take advantage of the Mission Deep Link button to add a clickable link to your mission without extra steps. While the text in the Notification Editor looks different, it will be displayed using the Helvetica font family. This text will be displayed with the logo for your tenant as an accompanying image.
Affected Groups. MLevel uses your existing user groups to determine your possible audience for the notification. This ensures that any learner who receives the notification also has access to the mission. It also saves you the effort of having to upload a list of users just to send your notification.
Any group of users assigned to a mission will be part of the possible audience for the notification. This list will also display a count for each group so you know how many people will receive your notification. To review a list of users in an audience, navigate to the User Management site and locate the Groups tab.
Sending the Notification. After changing these configurations, press the save button. Once the conditions for sending the email are satisfied, the emails will be sent automatically.