In order to successfully process a master user file in the mLevel system, all duplicate records - be it email and or UserID - must be removed from the file in order for the file to be successfully uploaded. This page outlines the steps necessary to locate and remove all duplicates from a master user file.
To check if there are any duplicate records on the master user file, please follow the steps below:
- Open your master user file in Microsoft Excel.
- Select both the User ID and the Email address columns and then click on the Conditional Formatting dropdown on the Home page toolbar.
- Once you click on the Conditional Formatting dropdown, you will see two menus.
- On the first dropdown menu select Highlight Cell Rules.
- On the second dropdown menu, select Duplicate values.
- Once you have selected Duplicate Values, this dialog box will appear indicating that all duplicate records will be displayed in red within the spreadsheet.
- All duplicates will be highlighted in red in the User ID and Email address columns.
- Review and then remove all duplicate records from the master user file.
- Once you have removed all of the duplicate records, make sure to save the master user file in a CSV file format and then send the file to mLevel for processing.