The mLevel Mission Manager is your one stop shop for loading and perfecting your learning content and there are tons of options and great features that allow you to make your Mission truly awesome.
Below you will find a deeper explanation. Click the link to be taken to an article with directions on how to get start.
- Use a Creative Mission Name – the more creative the better, and definitely more memorable
- Personalize the Text & Upload Your Graphics – Sure our defaults will work just fine, but adding more context around the goal of the Mission or uploading images for your answers adds a personal touch (Info on Images)
- Update the Level Configurations – Super easy to use locations that are more relevant to your audience, like different offices. However CheckPoint doesn’t have to be locations. What about moments in history? (More Info)
- Use A Variety Of Activities – If you’ve gotten comfortable with the same activities in your Missions, your players might be bored. Treat them to something unexpected such as a Coordinates activity or entertaining intro video (More Info)
- Showcase Your Brand – Quickly update the colors to match your branding guidelines or possibly use the unofficial mascot as your Mission’s mentor (More info)
- Spark Competition With The Leaderboards – Just think how interested people would be if the leaderboard was posted in the cafeteria or shared at the beginning of each day of a training class. Did you know users can send challenge messages to each other directly from the leaderboard? That’s a great way to encourage engagement (More Info)
- Challenge Your Players – it doesn’t just have to be who is at the top of the leaderboard, you could challenge them to share mLevel with a coworker or play as a team. Group competitions using the group-able leaderboards also motivates people to play even if they are vying for the top score. (More Info)
- Assess & Address Knowledge Gaps – make sure to check in on your Mission’s stats as they will populate in real time. You’ll find actionable data that will give you insight into areas your player may be struggling with. Also, send out reminders to encourage those who aren’t playing to get in on the fun! (More Info on Analytics)
I’ll let the last tip speak for itself – HAVE FUN!
I look forward to seeing the original, engaging Missions you develop in the future. If you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to your Account Manager or email email@example.com.